How to configure Instagram API¶
Instagram requires that you create an external application linking your website to their API. Application id and secret (also sometimes referred as Consumer key and secret or Client id and secret) are what we call an application credentials. This application will link your website example.com to Instagram API and these credentials are needed in order for Instagram users to access your website.
These credentials may also differ in format, name and content depending on the social network.
To enable authentication with this provider and to register a new Instagram API Application, follow the steps:
- With Instagram, you have to register by mobile, there’s no way to create a new account from pc. After finishing register, login your account on computer by going to: https://instagram.com/.
- And then go to developer page: https://instagram.com/developer/ → Manage Clients
- In new page, enter your info in Details tab:
- Click register and you will have all info you need
- Copy and insert API into API fields in Magento Admin > Social Login > Settings > Instagram