How to configure LinkedIn API
LinkedIn requires that you create an external application linking your website to their API. Application id and secret (also sometimes referred as Consumer key and secret or Client id and secret) are what we call an application credentials. This application will link your website example.com to LinkedIn API and these credentials are needed in order for LinkedIn users to access your website.
These credentials may also differ in format, name and content depending on the social network.
To enable authentication with this provider and to register a new LinkedIn API Application, follow the steps:
- Go to the link: https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer
- Select Create Application on LinkedIn Developer page
- From the register form, fill out required fields such as Company Name, Logo, Email Company,... and click on Sumit button
- Go to My App option from the top of Dashboard page to see all created applications and get Authentication (App id and secret)
- Copy and insert API into API fields in Magento Admin > Social Login > Settings > LinkedIn