How to configure Twitter API¶
Twitter requires that you create an external application linking your website to their API. Application id and secret (also sometimes referred as Consumer key and secret or Client id and secret) are what we call an application credentials. This application will link your website example.com to Twitter API and these credentials are needed in order for Twitter users to access your website.
These credentials may also differ in format, name and content depending on the social network.
To enable authentication with this provider and to register a new Twitter API Application, follow the steps:
- First go to: https://dev.twitter.com/apps
- Create a new application.
- Fill out any required fields such as the application name and description.
- Provide URL as the Callback URL for your application (See in Social Login Configuration).
- Once you have registered, past the created application credentials (Consumer Key and Secret) into the boxes above.
- Copy and insert API into API fields in Magento Admin > Social Login > Settings > Twitter
And that’s it!